A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Truths Found

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shiosai Ike

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-01-05

The Truths Found Empty
PostSubject: The Truths Found   The Truths Found EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 5:27 am

I apologise for my dreary attitude in my previous entry. The matter of my true identity is a passionate and sensitive topic to me - to have it so profoundly destroyed was deeply upsetting to me. Because of this inconsolable mood, I believe I have missed matters of possible importance in the past week, having devoted myself entirely to the advancement of my investigative agenda; but now that the greatest milestone has been accomplished, I am focused enough to transcribe here what I know of, that may be of value to those to come.

In my scouring of the tomes I have amassed, I came upon a record written by one 'Whisper Three' speaking of a strange door in a tunnel that they feared was being used by the 'Dark One' (under the context, they were likely referring to Garrick Caranthir - though it must be mentioned I have a copy of a book from the Library of the Pagoda, which mentions an ancient creature buried somewhere near Dolf-Hloab that, for some reason, goes by the same name). The door itself is not of particular interest, save being of curious composition - a flawlessly smooth metal, the likes of which no blacksmith could possibly attain, enchanted with a light that harmlessly repels those who approach.

Of greater interest to me was a later response to the report by Sheila M., which in passing said the following:
Quote :
That was when Evil Garrick revealed to me that he had imprisoned both Ashanrai and the Empress of Prolix and starved them of food and water until they died their final deaths.
While not a conclusive cause of death - I know of another record mentioning that Garrick tried to drown Ashanrai and the dragon Nidhogg, with both later being found to have survived somehow - it is thus far the last mention of Ashanrai being alive that I have yet found (though, I haven't been searching for refutation yet), and thus confirmation that the Ashanrai Exinoris we met, who perished in the hidden mines beneath Asgard, is either some strange product of a horrendously unravelled flow of time, was a different Ashanrai to the one from the Dragon Wars (possibly from a different history), or simply not Ashanrai at all.

Of course, no sooner had I brought this up with my cohorts did Garrick rather conveniently and abruptly transform into the individual named, supposedly facilitated by the curiosity of his twice-death. In truth this was undoubtedly Garrick trying to decieve us, though I must admit he was unusually pathetic in going about it - he almost immediately spoke of establishing an alliance with the wizard orcs (which, I am told, is incredibly unlike how he was known to feel about orcs), greeted us in the drow language (not necessarily a give-away, but considering the legacy of Pylos I am not convinced it is something that would carry a positive connotation for anyone but drows), and most damning of all, blatantly threatened to burn Don Benerel down should I not watch him construct the 'Voice Sea Academy.'

There was an argument between us, during which Garrick's guise was shed fully to show that it truly was just him masquerading in a different form; perhaps I frustrated his efforts to sow seeds of doubt so greatly he could no longer keep up the veil. Regardless, the locus of his efforts were so:

1. The mentioning of a 'Mask of Infinity', supposedly the one I wear now, and the connotation that it is evil somehow and has facilitated the Convergence;
  2. To suggest that I, singularly, was at fault for the ongoing Convergence, had explicitly allowed it to occur, and was the individual responsible for my lost memories;
  3. That I am a 'young Garrick' (possibly specifically Garrick Caranthir, though not necessarily).

The first, perhaps, may hold some truth, though I wouldn't be surprised if I can find little on this Mask of Infinity. Part of the second - that I erased my own memories - may also be true. But the notion that I, at some point in my past, intentionally facilitated the occurrence of the Convergence, this I reject; moreso, while I cannot wholly deny the possibility of me being Garrick in light of recent realisations, I will not begrudge it until proven undeniably wrong.

Rather, there is a theory that I may instead be a golem, perhaps made and brought to life by Meta Ike - but without further knowledge on how golems function, or how to identify them, I cannot be sure. Nor can I prove the other theory, my own; that I am some kind of side-effect of the Convergence, spawned because of Garrick's meddling, or perhaps summoned or created by Garrick to unknowingly further his agenda.

Regardless, a few days later Garrick adopted the persona of Garrick Raiden Rex, being the indescribably irritating nuisance that he is, arguing semantics and threatening to take me to Ordan court, ignoring the fact that it holds no sway in Korth, and nor could I attend it even if willing (as, by his own admission, there are no living Ordan judges in Korth; named were Matthias, Epsilae, Cernunnos and LadyCaLico). Garrick seems driven to make us believe this is not his doing, but the other Garricks with which he merged contesting for control - honestly, if I knew such were the case, I would be willing to help him in the intrest of ensuring Garrick Raiden never came forth again. You cannot begin to comprehend the level of nuisance that he is; I would much prefer Garrick Caranthir's deception and evilry to the endless, nonsensical babbling. I digress.

After this, my focus was wholly directed to the attainment of my milestone, and so matters pertaining to the Convergence I left to the others. There was a brief occurrence of another Garrick coming through the machine, who somehow has ended up contaminating the entirety of Korth's water, but no side-effects of this have yet been seen.

Now, as my hand tires of writing, I come finally to my core impetus in writing this. After many days of tireless work, I finally achieved the entirety of the non-speculatory requirements for Spice Immortality as I recorded them in the Second Addendum of my earlier entry, [Only admins are allowed to see this link]. 1000 health, 1000 spirit, 500 strength, 50 nobility, (and 1000 archery, but that may not have been required), then I drank a sample of Shadow's Blood and consumed the Spice.

It did not work. No change came over me, other than becoming a Shadow as expected. I was confused and distraught, as you might expect, and so went to sleep, pondering upon it.

Today I saw fit to roam the lands of Pylos, seeking new knowledge to collect. I espied an island to the west, and in interest went to it; Pylosia, the volcanic origin of the drow species. During my exploration of the island - apparently used by Yorn Dios to teach drows of their origin - I... simply put, I should have died. There were many traps in that place, few that I dodged, and most blaring of all was that I survived being half-submerged in molten rock. Each time, I felt some shadowy presence nearby; but never did I die there. I returned to the Holy City to nurse my wounds, and out of curiosity, drank a unit of Spice.

Then I felt the change come over me: I was truly, wholly Immortal once again.

I recognise now that there is one more requirement to obtain this boon, one evident from past events in hindsight, but not recorded in my aforementioned record of the Spice. One that I fulfilled by sheer chance. In the interest of inhibiting the rampant emergence of countless Immortals throughout Korth - what I believe to be Garrick Caranthir's focus now, so that he may cruelly rule over an immortal populace forever, bending them to his wicked will - I will make only one record of this requirement, storing it in a secretive place, and not adding it to my more general records, here. If you seek this requirement, you will have to discern it as I did; all the information needed is already laid bare in my previous records (which I will not be retroactively censoring, lest it draw attention to the requirement).

Now, I shall revel in my accomplishment, and ready the plans it enables.
- Shiosai Ike, the Immortal.
Back to top Go down
Shiosai Ike

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-01-05

The Truths Found Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Truths Found   The Truths Found EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 8:52 pm

First Addendum:
In my haste to rest, I have completely failed to record the detail that led me to title this report as it is. Whereas in my former Immortality I had the ability of speechcraft - which I wholly admit I abused to my own benefit, but had I not done so it would have taken me far, far longer to reclaim than it did - I find myself now with the ability of omniscience instead. Whenever I look upon something, I can force it to yield many, many details beyond what could normally be discerned; a simple glance at Garrick lays bare before me a dossier of information about him, his strengths, his weaknesses, where his wealth lies. It also confirms that he is definitively an Immortal, though I am curious in that he doesn't fulfil some of the requirements.

Regardless, though I may soon see the unaltered truths in many things, I am not yet accustomed to the ability and can still be decieved. Indeed, my very report shows such; while I still acknowledge the quote of Sheila M as being the last mention of Ashanrai I have yet found, foolishly I failed to see that it is a second-hand recount from Garrick - Ashanrai may not have perished in the pyramid as mentioned, rather being whisked away someplace by the named perpetrator. Further investigation to acquit or refute the account is necessary.
Back to top Go down

The Truths Found
Page 1 of 1