A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Council of Five

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shiosai Ike

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-01-05

The Council of Five Empty
PostSubject: The Council of Five   The Council of Five EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 2:20 am

On this day - the fourteenth day of the fourth month of 2805 A.C. - the four (five?) nations of Korth gained new leaders, each belonging to a new dynasty.

Over these past days I'd taken an interest into the more recent histories of the nations' order of succession, and had come upon details that were equally enthralling and enlightening. While in the middle of discussing these findings... well, it seems that Korth itself has seen us fit to replace the current rulers of its territories. Though there had been foreshadowings - the rediscovery of the Scepter of Hyperborea, the duplicate Horned Skulls of Pylos - none of us expected this to occur. Now, though, as a historian, it is my duty to record these changes of circumstances, as well as my findings.

To begin, I point to the anonymously-authored 'List of [Only admins are allowed to see this link]', which served as the first stepping stone in my investigations. I have reason to suspect the list isn't wholly accurate, but for now I will assume it is so. My focus was in determining to whom the thrones had passed since the list was last updated; should the list be proven false, my research should still be able to stand on its own.

Tir'an
Cala Stayjit was, assuredly, the leader of Tir'an at least at the conclusion of the Dragon Wars, and almost definitely throughout the early months of the first Convergence. There is, however, a [Only admins are allowed to see this link] that declares that Cala Stayjit had been excommunicated and banished from Tir'an by order of Torrix themself; until he redeemed himself (twelve trials were set forth), Hitomi Fujiko served as steward for Tir'an.

After six months had elapsed, Stayjit completed the final trial - rescuing the dragoness Leviathan from the underworld - and reclaimed his status as Cala, shown in [Only admins are allowed to see this link] (This same declaration is also of significance for Aspreith; I will return to it). Stayjit's authority seems to have been uncontested for several months (save for one dubious rumour of a usurpation by Dr. Duke), until (in his apparent obliviousness) Stayjit caused a severe, multi-national incident: he (temporarily) [Only admins are allowed to see this link].

This report brings to light an apparently well-known detail shared across all the nations: if a leader is assassinated while in posession of a nation's symbol of authority, the assassin can claim said item and through it, become the ruler of the nation.

Imperator Seran temporarily lost posession of the Crown of Prolix, but was able to reclaim it; Stayjit, however, lost the Scepter of Hyperborea - the symbol of Tir'an - to Dr. Duke, who used the authority it granted him to declare Voice Sea as the Cala of Tir'an, and thus deposing Stayjit (who fled to the ruins of Pylos; he shall be mentioned again below). A little over two months after, Dr. Duke [Only admins are allowed to see this link] that Stayjit was once again banished from Tir'an; an ironic act, since Dr. Duke was killed later that same day.

It seems that despite declaring Voice Sea as Cala, Dr. Duke had kept posession of the Scepter of Hyperborea for unknown reasons; thus, when Dr. Duke and Imperator Seran Adams were killed by Leviathan, Stayjit [Only admins are allowed to see this link], annulling his banishment. Curiously, Stayjit still acknowledged Voice Sea as Cala while mentioning her absence; and indeed, three months later [Only admins are allowed to see this link], but also mentions a 'former Elf Cala [named] Valuk' in her address. (There is a mention of [Only admins are allowed to see this link] that preceeds the dawn of the Dragon Wars; furthermore, 'Valuk the Mortal's God' is mentioned at the tomb of Ashanrai and Erenrai Exinoris in the silver mines beneath Asgard. Who exactly Valuk was, I am not yet sure; but it is curious they are not mentioned in the aforementioned list.)

At some point in the following nine months, Stayjit reclaims the status of Cala, shown by a [Only admins are allowed to see this link] (as Voice Sea issued no further decrees, it is possible that she perished, or otherwise disappeared). There is no further evidence of the status of Cala changing hands; as far as I can yet discern, Cala Stayjit remained in power uncontested until today when, abruptly, the/a Scepter of Hyperborea appeared in vvSilverShadowyvv's posession, designating them as the ruler of Tir'an.

There was, however, two problems. One: Silver Shadow stated they didn't wish to rule Tir'an. Two: both myself and Reddragon also held our own individual Scepter of Hyperborea's, which as far as we could tell, were identical to the one Silver posessed. Considering the recent turmoil of the Convergence, it is possible the scepter has somehow been duplicated; regardless, Silver deferred authority of Tir'an to me and Reddragon, and the two of us have yet to come to a solid agreement of which of us is the singular ruler. It could be argued I have greater claim, having the Blessing of Torrix, the core deity of the elven religion - equally, though, Reddragon can lay claim through the fact I am already preoccupied with another region.

Prolix
Regarding Prolix, my recount begins during the [Only admins are allowed to see this link], wherein the Crown of Prolix - the symbol of authority for Prolix - was stolen by Stayjit. It appears that Stayjit had no interest in designating himself as King of Prolix, instead attempting to use the item as blackmail for salt and/or lumber supplies; his demands were ignored, and attempts to retake the Crown from him all failed. Twelve hours later, however, Dr. Duke - by then the temporary Cala of Tir'an - located the Crown, and appears to have returned it to Imperator Seran. Two months later, both were killed by Leviathan.

Following Imperator Seran's death, there appears to have been a month-long period where Prolix had no official Imperator; instead, the duty appears to have been shared between two of Seran's children, the half-brothers Joseph Elvan (Joel) Adams, and Marco Cain (Marcain) Adams, reflected in a [Only admins are allowed to see this link]. Eleven days after the eruption, Joel Adams became the official Imperator of Prolix, re-signing [Only admins are allowed to see this link] (now known as The United Korth Empires of Great Prolix). (There is a high likelihood the election was specifically on that day as Joseph had issued a [Only admins are allowed to see this link] the previous day, but did not sign-off as Imperator.)

(As a further aside, the two later became bitter foes when Marcain disavowed Prolix in favour of [Only admins are allowed to see this link], with Joel later [Only admins are allowed to see this link] in return.)

Ten months after taking the throne, however, Imperator Joel Adams has been replaced by Imperator Neo Rosseau, shown in [Only admins are allowed to see this link] by Cala Stayjit. The circumstances under which Neo Rosseau took power is unknown; there are few to no surviving documents from the ten-month period, and Joel Adams is mentioned only once afterwards. Imperator Neo, in turn, has been replaced by Empress ORB two months later – again, with no indication of why (unlike Joel Adams, however, Neo Rosseau assuredly wasn’t killed – I have personally met him recently, and thus can attest he is very much alive).

Seventeen months later, another unexplained shift in power is mentioned to have occurred – brought up during a report of usurpation. Joel Adams (possibly Imperator again; Empress ORB’s status is unknown) is [Only admins are allowed to see this link], Victoria Sarai (Visara) Adams, granddaughter of the King and Queen of the vampire-nation Azharan. Having freed a legion of human slaves (intended to be fed on) from their vampire master, Visara convinces them to integrate into Prolix society and, essentially, vote both Joel and his advisors out of power in favour of Visara. Although it is also mentioned that the Archspirit Father returned (from beyond the grave, once again) and had broken off a portion of Prolix for his own gain, there is no further mentioning of such, nor any evidence said portion remains independant; Countess Visara, most likely, successfully reclaimed the entirety of Prolix, and through the longevity of her half-vampire heraldry, has remained the leader of Prolix uncontested for the past hundred years or more (and she is assuredly still alive, as attested to in one of my previous journalings).

Today, however, it appears that Korth itself has decided Countess Visara is no longer worthy. Keshi, instead, now holds the Crown of Prolix, and has been recognised by us all as the current ruling monarch of Prolix.

Amandil
The order of succession of Amandil Havyn is quite easy to follow, both due to the nation being the youngest in Korth (save the passing micro-nations that pop up every now and again) and because of its undeniably peaceful order of succession:

Amandil Havyn was [Only admins are allowed to see this link], built around the tomb of Gala, Queen of the Ancient Easter Dragons following a catastrophic storm in the region.

Sophia Deer, the second-in-command, [Only admins are allowed to see this link] of the High Priestess’ return from a ‘distant land’. A little over a month later, [Only admins are allowed to see this link], and Sophia Deer becomes the second High Priestess of Amandil.

The priesthood appears to have remained with Sophia Deer until today, when the Ring of Amandil chose Vampara as the new High Priestess. What happened to Sophia Deer is unknown, as is what happened to Amandil; there are repeated mentions of a marketplace in Amandil, but no such structure is present now – all that remains is Sophia’s house, the tomb of Gala, and a monstrous oak tree.

Pylos
Information regarding Pylos’ order of succession is scarce, and undoubtedly in need of further investigation. I will attest (without any evidence on-hand) that Garrick Caranthir Felagund was assuredly the rightful ruler of Pylos at one point; but my recount shall begin three generations later, with Tattiana Talahandra,

While Garrick Caranthir Felagund was assuredly

Information regarding Pylos appears to be rather scarce, especially outside the nation’s archives; while information stating Garrick as a ruler abounds (though scarcely overtly, simply in passing), I can find little on Emperors Phrixus and Nwasells. There are [Only admins are allowed to see this link] kept (which I will delve into more in future), but for now the trail I follow begins with Queen Tattiana, the [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Tattiana claimed the throne of Pylos [Only admins are allowed to see this link]; of particular note, however, is that the phrasing Tattiana uses implies that Pylos had collapsed as a nation at an indeterminate point prior, and likewise that the throne had been unoccupied for such a period. Taking into consideration the close geographic location (and later [Only admins are allowed to see this link] between the two nations), it is probable that Pylos was subsumed into Tir’an, or simply left as ‘terra nullius’.

It is debatable, however, if Tattiana had legally claimed Pylos’ throne. The Seven Axioms of Pylos designate the conditions under which a new ruler can seize power; of relevance are the Second and Seventh Mandates:

Quote :
Second Mandate
Usurpations are completely unacceptable if and only if the person to be usurped survives through said usurpation; removals from power by a higher authority are not considered usurpation.
[…]
Seventh Mandate
The head oligarch, otherwise known as the Emperor, shall henceforth be known as the Caliph. The Caliph must always be an heir to the dwarven family clan "Ranul". Therefore, no individual that is not an heir to the dwarven family clan "Ranul" may assume the throne of Pylos.

It is unclear whether Tattiana Talahandra had a relation to the Ranul clan, being of an entirely different house to the Elghinn (the house to which the Felagunds, assured descendants of Ranul, belong); likewise, it is unclear what precisely happened to her predecessor – or even who her recognised predecessor was. Phrixus Enad is the last legally-sound successor, but no evidence has yet been found to confirm his condition when replaced; it could be argued he died of natural causes, thus allowing the throne to be passed on, however it could equally be argued he was still alive at the time of his succession.

Furthermore, there is unverified information that suggests Phrixus Enad’s successor was not Tattiana Talahandra, but Multilex Felagund; he, at least, was assuredly alive throughout the entire reign of Tattiana, and thus if his rule is acknowledged as rightful and consecutive, hers (and her successors’) is invalidated. With the suggestion that Pylos collapsed sometime between Phrixus Enad and Tattiana Talahandra, it could be argued that the Mandates were annulled as a result and thus, there is no legal basis to deny Tattiana’s reign.
Three months after her rise to power, Queen Tattiana’s rule is [Only admins are allowed to see this link] Although initially unrecognised by Cala Stayjit and Empress Orb, Queen Tattiana reportedly surrenders the throne to Jackson, legitimising his rule, and in turn King Jackson relinquishes his authority over Androv (and later [Only admins are allowed to see this link], in partnership with Tir’an). This acknowledgement is accepted by the other nations, with [Only admins are allowed to see this link].

Thirteen months later, Caliph Multilex – son of Garrick Caranthir Felagund – [Only admins are allowed to see this link] The condition and whereabouts of King Jackson is not mentioned; nor are there any records of what precisely Multilex did after retaking the throne, although it is noteworthy that he is referred to as ‘Caliph’, suggesting a strengthened relation to his father’s cult, the Cult of Ranul.

Pylos was the only nation wherein the ruling item did not reappear and designate a new ruler. The Horned Skull of Pylos had, however, re-emerged several weeks ago, along with duplicates; I, Shiosai Ike, have been recognised by the other members of the Four Dynasties as the new ruler of Pylos. I justify my claim to authority through the annulment of the Mandates through Pylos’ collapse; alternatively, Multilex’s failure to contest Tattiana’s reign constitutes an acknowledgement of legality, and thus her implied repealment of the Seventh Mandate does not impair me from acceding the throne (furthermore, it cannot be confirmed that I am not unrelated to the Ranul clan).

Such ends my recounts of the recent order of succession for the four unquestionably extant nations. There are, however, four lesser regions I wish to mention in passing.

The University of Korth / Dolf-Hloab
While unverified and untrustworthy, a [Only admins are allowed to see this link] mentions that, quote, ‘what remains now [of the Empire of Dolf-Hloab] is the University [of Korth], and the old Dwarven mines.’

Dolf-Hloab is a long-collapsed kingdom formed from the unison of two earlier kingdoms (as would be expected, the Kingdom of Dolf and the Kingdom of Hloab), initially ruled by [Only admins are allowed to see this link], which served as a refuge for mixed-race beings that were unable to peacefully reside elsewhere.

At an unclear point Queen Padfoot was succeeded, under unknown circumstances. [Only admins are allowed to see this link], however records from the era posit that Padfoot was succeeded by a triumvirate of Shokkus, Jimbo Jambo and Newman111 – I am currently unable to verify the latter two. Regardless, all three appear to have been totally absent throughout the entirety of the Dragon Wars, and all were [Only admins are allowed to see this link] near the end of Imperator Seran’s reign; with no evidence of any successors, the Empire of Dolf-Hloab disappeared.

The Fortress of Dolf-Hloab still stands to the east of the Holy City, its most noteworthy feature being the University of Korth; although it would be reasonable to believe both had been subsumed into one of the other nations, the emergence of the Academic Necklace – designating myself as the new Headmaster of the University of Korth, succeeding [Only admins are allowed to see this link], herself succeeding [Only admins are allowed to see this link] – suggests the University may function as a city-state, the successor of the Dolf-Hloab Empire.

Aspreith
The region of Aspreith was located between the territories of Tir’an and Pylos. Much of the information about the place appears to be missing; what I have yet found begins with [Only admins are allowed to see this link], however less than a year later [Only admins are allowed to see this link] wife of Cala Ashanrai and mother of Imperator Seran, claims to be the leader of Aspreith, simultaneously indicating the region to be closely tied to the deity Ollopa and the Scepter of Hyperborea.

Aspreith remained extant at the time of Cala Ashanrai’s death, shown through [Only admins are allowed to see this link]; Sara Adams is still its acknowledged leader. A year later, Cala Stayjit [Only admins are allowed to see this link] in response to Sara Adams’ extended absence (intriguingly, Sheila appears to have still been the Headmaster of the University of Korth at this time).

During and after the first Convergence, the regions of Tir’an and Pylos were struck by numerous eruptions and earthquakes; these events appear to have significantly reduced Aspreith’s size and led to its subsumption into Tir’an, evidenced by [Only admins are allowed to see this link] in the aftermath of said Convergence. Should it be sought, the remnants of Aspreith can be found at 38 South, 68 West.

Edan
Similarly to Aspreith, information on Edan is scarce. The city/region (there is not enough evidence to tell how large Edan was, only that it was distinct from the other nations) was initially ruled by Queen Onyx (at one time [Only admins are allowed to see this link]), who was then succeeded by [Only admins are allowed to see this link] (specifically King of Edan, as shown by [Only admins are allowed to see this link]).

Although there is no official acknowledgement of such, it is probable that Edan functioned as a haven for werewolves – King Cernunos was [Only admins are allowed to see this link], author of the [Only admins are allowed to see this link], and notorious for [Only admins are allowed to see this link]; he also explicitly stated that [Only admins are allowed to see this link], further encouraging the notion.

While the city of Edan still stands at 45 North, 100 West, there is no information about what happened to it as a region; Cernunos was last seen in the late first Convergence, [Only admins are allowed to see this link] proposed by Imperator Seran. It is possible that King Cernunos was [Only admins are allowed to see this link], however it cannot be confirmed the werewolf referred to was Cernunos, or simply another citizen of Edan. Regardless, no successors to King Cernunos are recorded, and the region is either part of North Prolix, or ‘terra nullius’.

Wiz’orca
The faction which, unfortunately, I have the least information on. Wiz’orca appears to consist predominantly, or entirely, of wizard orcs, with their only recorded leader being King Orgus Magus. Marcain Adams, one of Imperator Seran Adam’s children, [Only admins are allowed to see this link], who [Only admins are allowed to see this link].

Where the wizard orcs originate from, their form of government, their previous and/or current leaders, I do not know. To this day, there is a small enclave of them immediately east of L’Obsul City, likely the remnants of the invading force led by Marcain Adams.

In the time it has taken me to collate this (four days!), further events of massive significance have occurred. Currently, I am too tired to continue, and this entry is too long to be lengthened; another I shall write, tomorrow.

Should one seek the meaning of this entry’s title: myself, Vampara, Keshi, Reddragon, and the returned Silver Shadow, being involved with these events, shall work together to assist and reinforce each-others reigns – a council of five.

Shiosai Ike, the King of Pylos, Cala of Tir'an, Headmaster of the University of Korth.
Back to top Go down

The Council of Five
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A W M Y T H S :: In Character :: History of the Land :: Journals of the Masked One-
Jump to: