A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Opening the University of Korth

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sheila M

Sheila M

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2009-11-13

Persona Record
Char Name: Sheila M
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Human
Char Allies: Tir'an

Opening the University of Korth Empty
PostSubject: Opening the University of Korth   Opening the University of Korth EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 8:03 am

There have been so many things to work on before we could officially open our doors. I had to finish up my manuscripts. I had the first one polished up and so I sent it off to have copies made, including the illustrations I had designed to help make the information clearer. “The diagrams should help explain the crafting concepts,” I thought, working to maintain a positive attitude. “The Crafting Practicum” would be a textbook created to help with creating everyday useful objects from local resources.

I had always been very passionate about education and strongly felt that it should be offered to everyone, even our new refugees. I wanted to make a difference in Korth and help to educate more of its people and species about life, the world and the Evil Garrick. Firm in my belief to give students powerful knowledge, I knew it to be a potent weapon against him. What potential students would do with any knowledge, skills or degrees gained was ultimately up to them, although I knew with education, they would be strongly influenced to oppose Garrick’s wicked manipulations.

The classrooms were nearly ready. The new desks and chairs gleamed with oil and polish. The new slate chalkboards had their trays loaded with erasers and fresh sticks of chalk. The floors were scrubbed and polished and new flowers were set up in the library. I hoped the colorful plants would stimulate people’s minds while remaining refreshing to their eyes.

A few cracks in the walls had been repaired and the roofs waterproofed to help shrug rain off the edges. We were getting closer to being ready.

I sighed as I sent off another letter offering instruction positions to those I knew were qualified by their expertise in various fields. I needed new instructors desperately. I hoped to get someone soon to teach astronomy. We were going to need a telescope or two here, although the observational tower in the Tiran Province would help, but it was far away from the main Univerity campus.

Mining, smithing and metallurgy could be a department all on its own. But what of the arts of painting, weaving, and poetrynot to forget the use of magic? How about writing and language studies, especially that of the Elven tongue? What about having a math and science department? Perhaps we could offer a course in animal husbandry that included raising cattle and beekeeping with their associated product usage. I hoped to add religious courses about Mighty Torrix and Goddess Ollopa. And we could not forget Neo Rousseau’s offer to teach an archery course which included proper archery field etiquette. My head began to swim as the possibilities seemed to crowd my weary brain.

Finding myself sitting and holding my quill tightly in my fingers, I set the quill in its holder on my desk. I put aside my blank parchment. I pulled out my list of ideas from another drawer and began to peruse the lines of writing, and rubbed my aching forehead. I added more to my list of possibilities as they had occurred.

Let it be known that I do not do well taking orders; I consider requests and take suggestions. Please keep that in mind if you desire my cooperation.
Back to top Go down

Opening the University of Korth
Page 1 of 1