A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hit pt glitch???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cernunos

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Hit pt glitch??? Empty
PostSubject: Hit pt glitch???   Hit pt glitch??? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:18 pm

Greetings

Now why does a hit doing 180 ptoints of damage kill me when I have 250 hp?......Sometimes I go to the underworld sometimes not, but it says I'm dead.

Cernunos
Back to top Go down
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Persona Record
Char Name: Garrick Felagund, Icepanther
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Drow
Char Allies: Moon God Ranul

Hit pt glitch??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit pt glitch???   Hit pt glitch??? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:51 am

What exactly were you hit with? .. A spell? Which spell? ..

its most likely that the console message is just wrong
Back to top Go down
https://myths.rpg-board.net

Hit pt glitch??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit pt glitch???   Hit pt glitch??? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:52 am

He was hit with an Ollopan Bow. The Elven Bows are sacred and no doubt do greater damage against an evil werewolf.
Back to top Go down
dr. duke

dr. duke

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-06-05

Persona Record
Char Name: Bean Duke Turunalindi
Char Race: Elf
Char Allies: Tir'an

Hit pt glitch??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit pt glitch???   Hit pt glitch??? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:19 am

That makes pretty much no sense there Stayjit. O_O . Why would a weasopon that doesn't know IC instances do greater damage toward an IC character Persona?
Back to top Go down
http://www.awmyths.com
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Persona Record

Hit pt glitch??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit pt glitch???   Hit pt glitch??? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:48 am

dr. duke wrote:
That makes pretty much no sense there Stayjit. O_O . Why would a weasopon that doesn't know IC instances do greater damage toward an IC character Persona?

stayjit was employing the use of humor....
Back to top Go down
Cernunos

Hit pt glitch??? Empty
PostSubject: hp   Hit pt glitch??? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 12:20 pm

Hello

Its pretty much any weapon that does about 180 or more damage like stayjits bow. Anything that does massive damage like that. If it does only like 60 per hit, it takes a bunch to take up all 250 hps.
Cern
Back to top Go down

Hit pt glitch??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit pt glitch???   Hit pt glitch??? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 2:23 pm

Not so humorous, I've noticed more than once the Ollopan Bow can kill in two hits what should have taken three or more. I can kill Cernunos in one shot, and I shouldnt be able too. I was told quite some time ago by another player the Bow does 'extra' damage, but how much was not known. I've known this for some time and took it for granted, but maybe it is a glitch after all.
Back to top Go down
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Persona Record

Hit pt glitch??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit pt glitch???   Hit pt glitch??? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 6:26 pm

I need more info related to the exact scenario of the situation... with the current info here theres no rhyme or reason for why this is occurring (ollopan bows do no "extra" damage than the player's own skill level)
Back to top Go down
dr. duke

dr. duke

Persona Record

Hit pt glitch??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit pt glitch???   Hit pt glitch??? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:51 pm

Is it jsut a Doing that?
Back to top Go down

Hit pt glitch??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit pt glitch???   Hit pt glitch??? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Silver and I did a little Bow practice. I hit him for 144 hp, he actually takes 288 dam.
Back to top Go down
dr. duke

dr. duke

Persona Record

Hit pt glitch??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit pt glitch???   Hit pt glitch??? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 1:08 am

yo stayjit do you have any other bow?
Back to top Go down
dr. duke

dr. duke

Persona Record

Hit pt glitch??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit pt glitch???   Hit pt glitch??? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 1:10 am

also cern...can i try it on you when i see you next? my archery is low and i want to see if it's perhaps just the archery system.
Back to top Go down

Hit pt glitch??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit pt glitch???   Hit pt glitch??? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:39 am

I only use two weapons, the Bow and the Spear. If I did double damage on Silver, that same damage would be enough to kill Cern in one shot, which Ive done more than once. I also noticed that Jackson, the Mad Admiral, killed me for ' x ' amount of damage in my chat box. That number was several hits, but added up to just better than half my HP. He has a regular bow but seems to do double damage as well. Perhaps notes be kept on all weapons? I only have the two. Maybe Garrick should appear, the players can take turns darling-slapping him with open hands and get a good comparision from scratch.
Back to top Go down
Sheila M

Sheila M

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2009-11-13

Persona Record
Char Name: Sheila M
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Human

Hit pt glitch??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit pt glitch???   Hit pt glitch??? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 12:58 pm

I was under the impression that the damage my Ollopan Bow does is based on my acc stat, and that the damage my Spear of Torrix does is based on my strength stat.

If, for instance, my acc stat is 250, and my opponent's acc is 200, doesn't that mean he or she gets at least 50 health points worth of damage? Doesn't it work the same way with the strength stats? Of course I did think that whatever the number of defense stat that they have soaks up some of the damage and makes the hits a little less potent.

Or have I got it all wrong here?

Back to top Go down

Hit pt glitch??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit pt glitch???   Hit pt glitch??? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 8:18 pm

Ok doing damage to someone goes like this...

Acc or Str level times the weapon damage rating minus opponates Defense rating all of that divided by your weapon damage rating

Example

Acc of 120 with regular bow (Damage rating of 1)
Opponant Defense rating of 100

120 times 1 = 120
120 minus 100 = 20
20 divided by 1 = 20
20 points of damage done to the person you attack

Same formula for strength based weapons

The formula can also be found in the forums, thats how I found out

Back to top Go down
Cernunos

Hit pt glitch??? Empty
PostSubject: hp   Hit pt glitch??? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 10:36 pm

Hello

it also seems that if a bow misses me I still take massive damage, I don't die but comes close to it. I see the helth bar drop and I start regaining health.

Cern
Back to top Go down
Sheila M

Sheila M

Persona Record

Hit pt glitch??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit pt glitch???   Hit pt glitch??? EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 2:51 am

ok

Last edited by Sheila M on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Hit pt glitch??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit pt glitch???   Hit pt glitch??? EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 5:56 am

The weapon damage rating is next to the weapon when you look at your stats..

Weapon: Bow (damage rating 1 )

It will look something like that Sheila
Back to top Go down

Hit pt glitch??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit pt glitch???   Hit pt glitch??? EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 10:12 am

Did a few more tests with the Bow, I hit Shiela once and waited for the numbers, once again she regenerated exactly twice the damage that was posted in the chatbox. She hit me with a Spear of Torrix and the damage posted was not enough to kill me but I died anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sheila M

Sheila M

Persona Record

Hit pt glitch??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit pt glitch???   Hit pt glitch??? EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 9:41 pm

Ok much of that actually made sense to me Silver. Thank you and bless you!

So I guess the next logical question becomes the following;
How do we find out each Damage Rating for each weapon?

Am I correct in understanding that the 'Weapon Damage Rating and the 'Your Weapon Damage Rating' are two separate factors in the equation? If so, how are they different?
Back to top Go down

Hit pt glitch??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit pt glitch???   Hit pt glitch??? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 2:56 pm

No Sheila the Weapon Damage Rating is the same thing as Your Weapon Damage Rating.

To find out what the weapon damage is on any weapon, you first need to own the weapon, then equip/wield that weapon. Scroll up in your stats and look next to the weapon. It will give you the Dmg (Damage rating) and Rng (Range) of that weapon.

The only factor that is rather unknown is the person you have attacked, their over all total Defense...... armor + shield + personal Defense ( from crystals and boons found)

Back to top Go down
Sheila M

Sheila M

Persona Record

Hit pt glitch??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit pt glitch???   Hit pt glitch??? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 6:23 pm

Then if we fill in what we do know of all the factors involved, make an equation and assign x as the Opponent's Defense Rating, and solve the equation algebraically, then Voila! We would have the Opponent's Defense rating, wouldn't we? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Persona Record

Hit pt glitch??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit pt glitch???   Hit pt glitch??? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:39 pm

Sheila M wrote:

Then if we fill in what we do know of all the factors involved, make an equation and assign x as the Opponent's Defense Rating, and solve the equation algebraically, then Voila! We would have the Opponent's Defense rating, wouldn't we? Laughing

yes you would.... and thats why the nations need people to take on the role of mathematician
Back to top Go down
Garrick
Admin
Garrick

Persona Record

Hit pt glitch??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit pt glitch???   Hit pt glitch??? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:57 pm

also the current combat equation for figuring damage is:

(Player strength x player's weapon damage) - enemy's total defense
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
player's weapon damage

enemy's total defense = enemy's def skill + def of enemy's armor + def of enemy's shield

note: if a bow is used, replace "player's strength" with "player's accuracy"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hit pt glitch??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hit pt glitch???   Hit pt glitch??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hit pt glitch???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A W M Y T H S :: Out of Character :: World/ Bot Bugs-
Jump to: