A W M Y T H S
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 13: The Korth Flux

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Imperial Statement

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Seran

Seran

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-06-04

Persona Record
Char Name: Seran Adams
Char Race: Part Elf/Part Human
Char Allies: Science

Imperial Statement Empty
PostSubject: Imperial Statement   Imperial Statement EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 10:34 pm

The Prolix Empire stands at this time at the pinnacle of world power. It is a solemn moment for the Human democracy. For with this primacy in power is also joined an awe-inspiring accountability to the future. As you look around you, you must feel not only the sense of duty done, but also you must feel anxiety lest you fall below the level of achievement.

Opportunity is here now, clear and shining, for both of our races. To reject it or ignore it or fritter it away will bring upon us all the long reproaches of the aftertime.

I have a strong admiration and regard for the valiant Elven people and for my comrade, Pixie Serethiel. There is deep sympathy and goodwill in Prolix - and I doubt not here also - toward the peoples of all the Elven clans and a resolve to persevere through many differences and rebuffs in establishing lasting friendships.

It is my duty, however, to place before you certain facts about the present position in Korth.

From the Crystal Mines in Scylla’s Sea to the Shokkus River a dark curtain of uncertainty has descended across the Continent. Behind that line lie all the capitals of the ancient states of Tir’an, Dolf-Hloab, Aspreith, Dioscuri, and Pylos.
Pandryl, Pylos, Dolf-Hloab, Aspreith, Don Benerel, Adurna; all these famous cities and the populations around them lie in what I must call the Uncertain sphere, and all are subject, in one form or another, not only to Garrick’s influence but to a very high and in some cases increasing measure of control from the wild forces of nature.

The safety of the world, ladies and gentlemen, requires a unity in Korth, from which no nation should be permanently outcast. It is from the quarrels of the strong parent races (elf, drow, and dwarf) in Korth that the wars we have witnessed, or which occurred in former times, have sprung.

Twice the Prolix Empire has had to send several of its young men across the continent to fight the wars to save Korth from the destructive tendacies of the native races (elf, drow, and dwarf). Surely we should work with conscious purpose for a grand pacification of Korth within the structure of the balance of peace and in accordance with our Human Democracy.

I repulse the idea that a new war is inevitable - still more that it is imminent. It is because I am sure that our fortunes are still in our own hands and that we hold the power to save the future, that I feel the duty to speak out now that I have the occasion and the opportunity to do so.

I do not believe that Garrick desires war. What he desires is the fruits of war and the indefinite expansion of his power and doctrines.

But what we have to consider here today while time remains, is the permanent prevention of war and the establishment of conditions of freedom and democracy as rapidly as possible in all countries. Our difficulties and dangers will not be removed by closing our eyes to them. They will not be removed by mere waiting to see what happens; nor will they be removed by a policy of appeasement.

What is needed is a settlement, and the longer this is delayed, the more difficult it will be and the greater our dangers will become.

If we adhere faithfully to the Prolix Empire and walk forward in sedate and sober strength, seeking no elf's land or treasure, seeking to lay no arbitrary control upon the thoughts of elves, if all Prolix moral and material forces and convictions are joined with your own in fraternal association, the high roads of the future will be clear, not only for us but for all, not only for our time but for a millenia to come.

I am Imperator Seran Adams. We are the Prolix Empire, a nation of immigrants to this land called Korth, and We are here to stay.
Back to top Go down

Imperial Statement
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A W M Y T H S :: In Character :: General talk (IC)-
Jump to: